Two artistic paintings are portrayed here to discover the art of paving. The suggested activities permit a progressive analysis leading to a faithful representation of a paving.
- Observe and recognize the regularities in the paving.
- Understand how the paving is built: Identify patterns and match them together.
- Build the paving: recognize the geometrical transformation and apply the same transformation to the reference pattern.
Select a board by clicking the arrows. Click on the board button to show the complet paving
Three ways to reproduce a board:
- Coloring: Select a painting pot. Click on the shape to color it.
- Placing: Select and place a shape amongst those suggested.
- Build: Place and transform the reference shape.
- The Lizard pattern is inspired by M.C. Escher's works. (http://www.mcescher.com/gallery/symmetry/)
- The Banjo player is inspired by Alain Nicolas works (http://fr.tessellations-nicolas.com/humains.php)